If you want a better rate, your credit score does matter. The Higher the Score, the better the rate and the lower your payment. What can your score do for you:
- 579 and lower – If you are approved for a mortgage with this low of a score you will have a credit score as much as 2% higher than the current lowest rate.
- 580-619 – You can expect an interest rate as much as 1% higher than the lowest rates available.
- 620-679 – With a credit score in this range your interest rate will be slightly affected. Rates could be .5% higher than someone with great credit will receive.
- 680-739 – This is the range most homebuyers are at, your rate will not be affected much at all in this range.
- 740 and higher – You will be offered the best rates mortgage companies have to offer.
- 640 and above-You can qualify for down payment assistance of 3%, 5%, and up to 20% of the purchase price(ex. $159,000 purchase price=$31,800 in down payment assistance)!!
We work with lenders that can approve you at 580! You may also qualify for up to 10k, if you can get approved for a mortgage in the city limits of Greensboro, North Carolina.
If you’re ready to purchase, but need to get purchase ready, we also work with credit repair companies to help you reach your home purchase goal! You can complete the form below and we will call you in 24 hours or less! It’s your season!