Click to Listen
Workforce Housing Specialists: $1,000 Downpayment Assistance
The program focuses on those critical neighborhood workers — such as teachers, firefighters, non profits, police, and nurses who are interested in purchasing a home in North Carolina.
The requirements are the following:
- Applicants must be employed by local, state or federal government, in the healthcare or education fields, or by 501(c)3 charitable organizations.
- Household income limits apply (see income chart on application).
- Buyer must be purchasing a primary residence.
- One grant is allowed per household per transaction.
- Buyer must complete a pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Program.
- The grant is a gift and does not require repayment.
- Buyers must be clients of a certified Workforce Housing Specialist, a certification program for REALTORS® with expert knowledge on the federal, state and local housing programs and resources available to serve workforce housing buyers earning less than the area median income.
- We are certified Workforce Housing Specialist.
Can you use $1,000?
Get started by clicking on links below: